In 2016, SSC had announced over 5000+ posts for CHSL Recruitment Exam. Moreover, a new post Court Clerks have been included in the CHSL Exam 2016. Earlier in 2015, SSC had introduced the post of Postal / Sorting Assistants in Department of posts and these posts have been retained in 2016 too. It looks that Department of Posts, maye hire staff through SSC only and decided to do away with the Recruitment on its own.
It is worth mentioning here that CHSL is one of the most sough after and popular exams in India, as the basic qualification is only 10+2 (12th ) and who does not want a high paying Central Government Jobs just after passing 10+2. Prior to 2014, the Selection criteria for this exam comprises of only Written test and Skill / Typing Test , but from 2015, Descriptive Paper has been introduced for those who qualify the Written test (Objective test).
And in 2016, Exam Pattern went major change, with the introduction of Online Written exam and changes in Pattern and Exam duration also.
In this post, we are going to share the complete details of SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment Exam. Applicants, willing to apply for these posts, should submit their application forms online, before the closing date ie 11th Nov, 2016
SSC invites online applications for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam-2016 for the Recruitment of Postal / Sorting Assistants, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks in Departments and Ministries of Central Government of India.
All these posts, carry a Pre-Revised pay scale of Rs 5200- Rs 20200 with different Grade pays.
Here is the vacancy wise distribution of various posts in SSC CHSL 2016 Exam
1) Postal / Sorting Assistant: 3281 posts
2) Lower Division Clerk :1321 posts
3) Data Entry Operator : 506 posts
4) Court Clerks: 26 posts
What is the Eligibility Criteria ?
If, you want to apply for any of these posts, then you have to appear for the SSC CHSL 2016 Exam by full filling the below mentioned eligibility conditions
1) Nationality : Applicants, should be a citizen of India.
2 Age-Limit : Age of applicants, should be btween 18 to 27 years . The cut off Date for determining the age limit is 01-01-2017.
3) Educational Qualification : Applicants, who have passed the 10+2 Examination on or before 01-01-2017 are only eligible to apply. If, you are going to sit in Class 12th Exams in 2017, then you are note eligible.
Selection Process and Exam Pattern.
The selection process for CHSL 2016 Exam, comprises of Written test (Computer Based) , followed by Descriptive (Bilingual) and thereafter Skill test / Typing test
1) Written test (Computer based) : This is the First stage of Exam and all those who apply for CHSL 2016 Exam, will have to appear for it. Here is the Scheme of CHSL 2016 written exam
The online written exam is scheduled on 7th Jan, 2016 to 5th Feb, 2016
2) Descriptive test : Those, who qualify the written test, as per the cut off Marks fixed by the commission, will have to appear in the Descriptive test (Hindi Or English). Descriptive Paper is of 1 hour duration and Questions in this exam are asked on Essay Writing, Application writing.
Those, who qualify the descriptive test , will be called for Typing/Skill test, which is mostly qualifying in nature. Finally a Merit list is prepared in accordance to vacancies and List of Qualified candidates is uploaded on the official website.
How to Apply ?
Applicants, willing to apply for CHSL, 2016, must submit their application through online mode only. Earlier SSC used to receive the applications through Paper mode, but from 2016 CHSL Exam, it has decided to do away with Paper applications and the only way is to Submit the Online Application for CHSL 2016 Exam .
Online form : Online Applications can be submitted by logging on to the Official SSC Website at www.ssconline.nic.in For details, on submitting the online form, applicants are advised to read this post on SSC CHSL 2016 Online application.
The Last date to submit the CHSL 2016 Online application is 11 th Nov, 2016.